Search This Blog

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Portrait Marathon 3 Happenin' at Shakori Hills GrassRoots Festival of Music and Dance

Just in.... October 2010 I will be working at Shakori Hills painting!
 Shakori is an amazing music, art and dance festival. They take a green perspective with stewardship to the earth and feature an earthday parade with Paperhand Puppet Intervention...all nesstled in the pretty groves and hills and of the progressive community of Pittsboro, North Carolina.


 
The music lineup includes some of my favorites like Big Al Hall, Locos Por Juana, and the uber energetic Holy Ghost Tent Revival... oh and I hope to hear the vocals of Liz and Greg Humphries/Hobex....  washing the playa dust off of my favorite jumping boots now!





P0RTRAIT SKETCH MARATHON 3

http://www.shakorihills.org/  for dates and tickets
I will be painting live and hoping to break my record which well I don't know exactly
but I think if I complete 100 sketches that would be a record breaking weekend.

Schedule for Portrait Marathon
Thurs & Fri 10-6  
Sat  11-6 with a break to stiltwalk in the parade
Sun 12-5 or thereabouts
All times are approx and subject to
the weather and the artist's mood which varies in proportion to the quality & quantity of cofffffeeee

FREE ... there will be a *TIP* jar...
with 20% being donated to the soon-to-be community arts center at Shakori Hills.
Suggested donation $10 per head.

(Enjoy some pictures of Shakori in Spring)



No comments:

Post a Comment